Laura Mercier Fan Powder Brush, specifically designed to be used with the Invisible Loose Setting Powder, lightly sweeps setting powder onto skin to help create a soft focus effect, diminishing the look of fine lines and imperfections while visibly smoothing skin.
Price – $ 30 + Tax
Fan Brush was the last thing I thought I would ever pick or better say I never wanted to buy fan brush just because it was my misconception that this is sheer wastage of money although the story is other way round.
As my curiosity was to see is the brush worth it or not I picked one synthetic fiber brush from Health and Glow store and came to a conclusion that I need a good natural bristle brush for good results. I picked Jane Iredale Fan Brush with white fiber and then the whole scene was changed , I had so much respect and love for this multi-tasker brush.
The greed to find a PERFECT FAN BRUSH was still there and I searched net and came across MAC 184 which sadly is Pro Brush and as there is no access to pro store I was looking for a good dupe for the same. Trying hard and then FINALLY one fine day I saw this Awesome Brush by Laura Mercier on my one and only online shopping destination and couldn’t resist myself buying this . The price of LM Fan Brush is little higher as compared to others and it did made a huge dent in my pocket but then I got Calvin Klein eye shadow free with this so I guess there is no room for complaints.
Laura Mercier Fan Brush is made of both synthetic and natural goat hair. It is very soft and fluffy and does it jobs perfectly, I have washed this couple of times and it didn’t shed any hair.
It picks up enough color in one swipe and packs beautifully on cheeks with just a tap. I don’t have to reach for color as it is good enough in one application and looks flawless without any patches.
The trick is to swipe the tip of the brush on blush and then tap it on cheeks with circular motions, synthetic bristles on top lays the color and natural fibers makes the color sink in.
This is just perfect for applying my Laura Mercier Loose finishing Powder and I think the combo is deadly. Will be reviewing my LM Loose Powder in few days.
I even use this for my highlighters like The Balm Mary Lou Manizer which is so smooth and buttery that if I use a highlighter blush like 109 it always picks lot of product but again with this brush I never go wrong and the highlighter looks even more beautiful and blends well with the blush.
Some awesome Fan Brush in the market – Benefit, Smashbox, Jane iredale and so on ….
Here some tips from the pro site to share with you -
A fan brush is one of the most practical makeup tool essentials around. It’s often used to apply a setting powder for a soft-focus, weightless kind of finish. But that’s not the only reason this multitasking makeup brush is so great. Five other reasons you might want to become a fan of the fan brush :
- Mistake eraser: By design, a fan brush fans away product. So if your powdered makeup products (especially eye shadow) are leaving flecks behind, a light swipe of the fan brush can easily wipe away the excess.
- Blusher/bronzer: If you want just a sheer touch of blush or bronzer on your cheeks — or you tend to have a heavy hand when it comes to makeup — a fan brush will enable you to create a softer look. In turn, use the brush’s flat shape to assist in contouring where needed.
- Powder foundation: Get a more precise powder foundation application when using a fan brush.
- Diffuser of color: Use a fan brush to blend out harsh lines or to create new shades with your powders. Tip: use it with darker shades to tone them down or with a highlighter to provide a luminous effect.
- Skin care applier: Make a mask or peel go on all the more smoothly with a fan brush. Better yet, you’ll get nice coverage without using a lot of product.
An Awesome video by Oxford Jasmine -
I highly recommend having a Good Fan Brush in your stash makes it complete , you can skip a foundation brush or powder brush but a multi-purpose brush like this is a must have . Priced at 1500/- INR this is defiantly on higher end side but with awesome results it gives every time I am in awe with this brush and am sure you will love this one too.
Have you ever tried Fan Brush or you still thinking its waste of money?? Which one is your favorite??