Makeup Look : Bring on the Shimmer !

Ah, recent addiction – Shimmer and Bling and all thanks to Dr. Neeraj, he added some stars and what not in his recent eye looks and I was bowled over with that. I am nowhere near his creative level and still address him guru ji , but here is little something I did today and want to dedicate this to all the tutorials he is sharing with us HERE   .

shimmery purple eye makeup 013

And this is how the look turned up :

SONY DSC

Here is step by step for the look :

A closer look at the colors used :

shimmery purple eye makeup 015

Applied Elizabeth Arden eye fix primer all over the lids, Apply MUFE # 92 eyeshaodw on outer half of the lids, Blend in MUFE # 49 eye shadow in the crease, Apply MUFE 161 eye shadow above crease colour, Apply Pink eyeshade from MUFE TRES VICHY Collection on inner half of the lids and the white eye shadow from same collection on brow bone to highlight. Finish with MAC FELINE KOHL on lower water line and lash line and LANCOME Art liner on upper lash line with YSL Mascara. This was the complete look BUTTT

SONY DSC

Then I added MUFE DIAMOND POWDER 01 all over the lids with wet brush and see the difference in below pictures

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

On cheeks : GUERLAIN TERRACOTTA # 4 Bronzer ,

On Lips : Prep with rosebud salve , GIVENCHY # 303 Le rouge in Corail Decollete and MUFE LAB SHINE Diamond Collection lip gloss

shimmery purple eye makeup 006

On Face : My trusted old favorites

shimmery purple eye makeup 002

And here is finished look :

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I hope you liked the look ?

1. Parita says:

You are looking absolutely stunning Rashmi! i want MUFE 92..its the best purple and this lip gloss also look amazing!
    Parita recently posted..Look Of The Day: Day Time Bronze Eyes Look

2. Loved the eye makeup its fab..and u look gorgeous with that lip color too..!!
    I am give this look a shot.. :) :)
    Poo@beautyandmakeupmatters recently posted..Shea Moisture Three Butters Wash & Scrub Review

3. Harita says:

U look fabulous ! I truly believe u are as good as a professional makeup artist. All your looks are so wearable never over the top.

thank you sooo much harita :D D: am nowhere near a pro yaaa :D :D :D so glad you liked it dear

• Harita says:

U actually look younger now than u did when u started the blog. U are blessed with amazing skin I am so jealous :)

thats so sweet of you to say harita :D :D you should see me in person and then i will ask you the same thing haha :D :D

• Harita says:

I don’t expect u to respond immediately Rashmi. We are all busy. I am always amazed that u spend so much time to help fellow makeup lovers.
            I have started using airtel dongle when we have internet issues. I am an Internet addict and since the kids are in higher grades, they always need Internet for homework.

thats so sweet of you to say dear :D :D it was alll mess yest .. :( :(
            just today hubby asked can we opt for another internet service but as i upload too much i am okay with this :D :D

4. tapaswini says:

I have never been confident of purple eye makeup, i alws feel, its may be looing OTT on me, but after seeing ur makeup I am inspired to try eye look with purple shadows, u r looking amazing as usual, am sooo loving the final look of urs.

5. Sugandha says:

Loved the eotd and that lip color is oh so nice!
    Sugandha recently posted..TAG TIME : THIS OR THAT

Now there is some serious makeup drama here… loved loved loved it Rashmi. And THANK YOU so much for starting the make-up looks again. Loved it very very much! :-)
    Eesha recently posted..Tutorial – Changing season Gold, Green and Navy Eyes with Coral Lips and Cheeks!

7. Shalini says:

Stunning !! Loved the eye makeup
    Shalini recently posted..Sleek Makeup Flamingo Blush Review Swatches Photos

8. Ritu says:

wow, looking lovely! love the combo on the lip too!
    Ritu recently posted..SoulTree Ayurvedic Cleanser & Make-up remover: Review, Demo

9. Aditi says:

You have one of the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen! love the look
    Aditi recently posted..Maybelline Bold Matte Lipstick – MAT3 Review

10. Gorgeous Eotd! liked the lip clour too:)

11. ritika says:

the shimmer effect is so amazing and truly glam..loved the look!!!

12. Kay says:

I totally agree with Harita, you look younger now than when you started the blog!! ;)

Your skin is looking beautiful and healthy. On a serious note – pls do share your skin care routine through a blog post. Seeing your pics everyday makes me realize that makeup aside, there is no replacement for a healthy clean clean glowing skin. I know I need help in that department…so asking you to help me and others.

The Look has turned out beautiful…the eyes are stunning and the lip shade though a winner in itself does not detract from the eyes! As to the lip shade….I am grinning and dancing…u know why!!

On your advise, I checked Guerlain TErracotta…#4 is slightly pink toned. #3 & #5 are more yellow toned. I tried #3…it gave just a hint of healthy colour. #5 was clearly visible but the texture is so beautiful that it was easy to blend out. Confused as to which to pick…? ANy suggestions?

You are looking beautiful Gurrrl!

• Harita says:

I totally agree with you as well Kay :) We need to know the secrets of your amazing skin Rashmi :)

ahhaha Kayy :) thank you so much for appreciating the look yaa :D :D
      no magic and secret here :D although i will update my skin care routine i do need to buy good luxury skin care from next year :D :D zeroing some stuff and see what all i can get hahah :D :D
      and i knowww whyyy you loved the lips *** same pinch
      i have pink tones in my skin as Neeraj says some times so # 4 is still OKAYYY if not great :d
      i may try the other shades next time but yeah like you said # 3 and 5 should be fine
      do try with good base makeup else there is no point yaa

apply good foundation ( which you use ) then go to parcos , try both on your cheeks and then take pics and take pics in evening as well
      then may be you will have an idea …
      and if you are okay , take your brush along … which you are use to for applying bronzer :D :D

and thank you soooo much once again for compliments :) :)

• Kay says:

Eagerly await your post covering your skincare routine!!! I might just hold my breath! ;)

Same pinch but STILL IN TRANSIT!!! I could cry!!!

Thanks for the tips on trying out the bronzer – will do that. Good idea t take photos. Wish I could take the brush but doent have a good one yet…using a B&D one!! :(

Tell me something, is there a price diff in MAC between here and Thailand?? The conversion currently stands at 2.1! :(

• Kay says:

And you are actually making me think of breaking my non-drugstore rule….for Bourjois healthy mix….let me see if they can perform shade match!!

hahahha yeah am gonna share nothing impressive though haha :D :D
          ohh , i just randomly mentioned brush thing .. you should be fine with their also :D :D

hmmm thailand .. if am not wrong its cheaper here in India .. but still need to confirm ..

• Kay says:

I checked online, its definitely “cheaper” (that term is soooooo relative) in India!!

Your skincare routine is not impressive to you coz its routine. However, its effects are impressive for us! :)

hahahah …. so am i rightt ? the price in India is better ( cheaper ahahha )
            they are def. reasonable as compared to middle east

13. rachna says:

Loved ur eye look, u look stunning:)

14. Neeraj says:

Lovely look!! I simply loved the combo and you’ve done it so well. I loved the kohl a lot.
    Neeraj recently posted..Review : YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils – Noir Radical (Intense Black)

15. shilpa says:

Mufe powder…..luv luv luv

16. priya says:

Hiya Mam,
    U never fail to amaze me :) the sparkle livens up the eye n makes em look all the more gorgeous… fab job like always :)

17. Aditi says:

Wow! You are my guruji!
    Aditi recently posted..Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation Review

18. […] A pink and purple eye look–with lots of shimmer! [Indya Beauty] […]

19. Kay says:

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! Just saw your blog and this post being mentioned on Temptalia!!! This is soooooo awesome! So proud of you Rashmi!! You must be so excited to be on your Mentor’s blog! Way to go Gurrrrl!! XOX

it is “oh my myyyyyyy” moment for me Kay :D i forgot am 35 odd lady … seriously feeling like a five yr old kid who won a race ( okayy what if the kid won bronze and not silver or gold) ahhaha :D :D
      it is a medal for me :D :D it was dream for me and alllll the efforts paid off :D :D my god , am sounding so stupid :(
      but am happyyyy and thank you sooo much for all the wishes kay :D :D

20. Samannita says:

a very easy way to do tut …thank you for sharing it Rashmi,love the look and definitely going to try it :)

21. Sweta says:

Hi Rashmi

I read ur blog regularly..really enjoy it..its my first comment…I just thought of congratulating you coz you are featured on temptalia..really an accomplishment…keep it up..!!

thank you so much Sweta for lovely words and appreciating my work :D :D do stay around and feel free to suggest if you want me to improve somewhere :D :D
      i am sooooo happy and still thinking it was a dream :D thank you for the wishes yaaa

22. Nisha says:

Hi Rashmi, you have beautiful eyes which gets even more beautiful with this lovely makeup look
    Nisha recently posted..My Current Top 5 Lipsticks – Tagged By Rajalakshmi Murali

23. Ray says:

gorgeous!!!
    awesome eye make-up & thank you for the tutorial :)
    loved the lippie colour too :)

24. […] and last but not the least – the post that gave me recognition and love I was dreaming off […]