Hi…recently I attended a seminar on “sensitivity of teeth in Noida on 18th June 2011,right after I completed a post on sensitivity. It was held by a very eminent dentist Dr . Porus Turner. Based on his clinical studies and clinical experience he shared with us brand new sensitivity toothpaste that has been launched in India by Colgate.…
It’s called Colgate Sensitive Pro – Relief.
You must have seen its commercial by now on your TV’s but here I m going to tell you behind the scenes story from a dental point of view that common people don’t have access to…..
How is this toothpaste better than the others available in market….?
1. It contains an ingredient called ARGININE which is found naturally in our saliva. Hence it is more suited for our mouth. And is more effective than potassium nitrite and strontium chloride found in so many sensitivity toothpastes…
2. It contains calcium carbonate which further increases its effectiveness in controlling the sensitivity.
3. It contains 1000 ppm of fluoride.which helps in preventing cavities on exposed dentine
4. It contains very less silica (the common abrasive found in sensitivity toothpastes) hence it is less abrasive than regular ones and does not increase sensitivity on prolonged use.
5. It does not stain teeth as it does not contain strontium chloride found in many sensitivity toothpastes.
6. It tastes very fresh and nice
7. And finally….IT CAN BE USED LIFELONG……..it won’t stain teeth and it won’t cause increased sensitivity on prolonged use…..
8. COST PRICE
RS 70 FR 4O GRAMS
RS 120 FR 80 GRAMS
9. And how to use this tooth paste. Take a little amount on your clean finger and massage it onto the area of tooth where you are feeling sensitivity for one minute and then wet your brush and do regular brushing. This paste is to be used twice daily……
Any queries…….I m all yours to answer……..