Hi…recently I attended a seminar on “sensitivity of teeth in Noida on 18th June 2011,right after I completed a post on sensitivity. It was held by a very eminent dentist Dr . Porus Turner. Based on his clinical studies and clinical experience he shared with us brand new sensitivity toothpaste that has been launched in India by Colgate.…
It’s called Colgate Sensitive Pro – Relief.
You must have seen its commercial by now on your TV’s but here I m going to tell you behind the scenes story from a dental point of view that common people don’t have access to…..
How is this toothpaste better than the others available in market….?
1. It contains an ingredient called ARGININE which is found naturally in our saliva. Hence it is more suited for our mouth. And is more effective than potassium nitrite and strontium chloride found in so many sensitivity toothpastes…
2. It contains calcium carbonate which further increases its effectiveness in controlling the sensitivity.
3. It contains 1000 ppm of fluoride.which helps in preventing cavities on exposed dentine
4. It contains very less silica (the common abrasive found in sensitivity toothpastes) hence it is less abrasive than regular ones and does not increase sensitivity on prolonged use.
5. It does not stain teeth as it does not contain strontium chloride found in many sensitivity toothpastes.
6. It tastes very fresh and nice
7. And finally….IT CAN BE USED LIFELONG……..it won’t stain teeth and it won’t cause increased sensitivity on prolonged use…..
8. COST PRICE
RS 70 FR 4O GRAMS
RS 120 FR 80 GRAMS
9. And how to use this tooth paste. Take a little amount on your clean finger and massage it onto the area of tooth where you are feeling sensitivity for one minute and then wet your brush and do regular brushing. This paste is to be used twice daily……
Any queries…….I m all yours to answer……..
When I started writing on this topic I never knew that the article is going to be this long. When I finished it was almost 4 word document pages. Long isn’t it? And I didn’t want to erase anything.
So to keep your interest in this topic and to avoid making it boring I have split the post in two parts
In first part we are going to discuss the various ways in which pregnancy affects our teeth. So let’s begin.
PREGNANCY….the most beautiful phase in a woman’s life…especially if it’s the first one. When you are pregnant you know how important it is to take special care of your body. However you should also know that pregnancy is the time to take extra special care of your teeth and gums, that’s because hormonal changes in your body during pregnancy can increase your chances of developing gum disease and cavities, and can affect the health of your developing baby. So while you are pregnant make sure you practice good oral hygiene and take healthy and balanced diet and do regular dental visits. By doing this you will not only avoid dental problems of your own rather you will also contribute to the healthy development of your baby’s teeth.
Thanks a lot friends for overwhelming response here , as its hard to read each and every comment and reply them with equal attention here is today’s first question which is asked by RENUCA …..
Hi, Dr.Shilpa..Thx for caring enough to offer your expertise here.. I have one query which I wanted clarified with a dentist..
I have sensitive teeth (the enamel has worn out) and have been using Colgate sensitive for the last couple of months for relief but I was told that I shouldn’t be using it over extended period …is this true?
Well its not her debut here we all know our very own Doctor here on Indy beauty and she is Dr.Shilpa Malhotra Vij from Noida … awesome friend and ardent reader of my blog and regular follower too, we are more than friend and when I asked her some of my problems regarding tooth and how to take care of anmol’s teeth at this stage she was more than happy to solve the problems of my readers here.
As its hard for her to make post and write regularly I have included “DENTAL” Category here on blog and you can post your questions regarding your problems and some suggestions if you want and D.Shilpa will answer them here… Later on I will make posts and compile all the questions accordingly.
Regarding her makeup breakup in the pic above … Shilpa you should write it here first otherwise all of us are going to ask you about that rather than our dental problem…
So guys what are you waiting for?? Welcome her and shot your questions …..